Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Blogging Weirds Out Your Parents

















I’ve read how other bloggers have to deal with older family members reacting to supposed revelations on line. And right on cue, mine chime in. It’s a generation gap, partly. They don’t like my “obsessive” behavior to write every day. They don’t want me mentioning the kids. They want me to keep a stiff upper lip in the face of alienation and keep up appearances in the face of depression.
Writing is cathartic for me here, as an expat. I need to communicate, with anyone willing to look and read (and yes, it does distract me from other things). I have fantastic experiences here that I want to share.
But I consider this blog an ARTWORK. It is mediated. It is not naïve. It is my work and will help me get a job. Got that???
PS Isn't my hair shiny?

No comments: