Monday, November 20, 2006

I am not an Exhibitionist, am I?















OK, the Mexican Party was a lot of work, but I think it was worth it. We had about 30 adults and 12 kids, all boys except one. Luckily we had found a babysitter the night before, and she took all the kids to the empty apartment upstairs and they had their own party up there (we paid her mucho bucks, poor thing). Our guests seemed to like the tacos, and they ate hot red chili peppers and drank margaritas. Then everyone just sort of sat around and stayed for a couple of hours. Not like Americans, who eat, drink and run. The only thing I regret is that hubby and I were convinced to dance some salsa and swing, and it felt a bit exhibitionist. Which I am not.
I’m totally psyched today because I found out my paintings will go into a show in Istanbul with a catalog next month! And tomorrow someone arrives from the Embassy who wants to meet me. Hmmm.

No comments: