Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Things I Would Bring Back if I Could Go to the USA for a Day















Bisquik
Vanilla
Fresh ginger
Battery powered pencil sharpener
Tampons and more tampons (what the fuck is wrong with this picture???)
Paint brushes, filbert bristle
California Chardonnay (I can’t believe I miss this)
Avocados
My sister and nieces
New cowboy boots
A BIG roast beef
My chickens and a puppy
Baking powder
My friends
Books (my m-bag books haven’t arrived yet)
My car (oh yeah, we sold it)
My mom and gram
A piano and some Bach
High heels
A babysitter and a reason to use a babysitter
My hair dresser

2 comments:

ms. v. said...

Maybe I can help with some of these... though this area may be different from where you are... I've managed to find tampons (no applicators, but it's better than nothing) in most grocery stores here. They are a bit hidden but they're with the pads. Vanilla comes in little packets as "vanilla sugar" - haven't really tried it but others have had success with it. Avocadoes were available at Carrefour (like Walmart). Baking powder is in little packets and is called hamur kabartma tozu. (Yeast is maya, by the way). We are having a wine tasting this Friday so I'll let you know about a good white after that! (Or go to Greece - 2 Euros buy pretty decent imported wine there).

As for the pencil sharpener, the person who opens a serious office supply store here is going to make a killing! ;-)

kloeamongtheturks said...

Ms. Frizzle-
Thanks for the info! Yeah, I've found OBs, but they're not very convenient, especially when t.p. is not often available... I've used the vanilla sugar, it's OK, but can't get the hang of kabartma tozu. I did find avos for my Mexican party!!! I was so happy. And I'm pretty impressed with Turkish wine.
I'm with you on the office supply, and what about a sporting goods store?
love, Kloe