Friday, May 18, 2007

Something I Like about Turks

















They are mostly very busy and running around frantically because planning isn’t big here. So everything is last minute. But when they are with you, they are really with you. Not like Americans who are always multitasking, even when having coffee with a friend. Maybe that’s why Turks have such close bonds with each other. And now that I have friends here, finally, I am so sorry to be leaving soon.
And I don't mean to say my Turkish friends look like this lobster! It's just that there is a dearth of Barbies and Kens in this neck of the woods...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi :)

Great blog & the doll theme is very original. Nice to read your ideas about Turkish friends. A question: did you find it difficult to make friends (you say "finally")? If so, do you think Turks make friends slowly? Would be great to hear about your thoughts on this.

cheers,
kadir

kloeamongtheturks said...

Hi Kadir,
Wow, thanks for the compliment! I'm blushing...
I wrote a post about dost today, so check it out.
And thanks for reading!
love,
Kloe