Friday, June 22, 2007

An Imagine This Kind of Day

































Today I’m having the most wonderful day. After a lovely late night chat with a friend, I slept in (that in itself is amazing). Went to school to paint, and was picked by a colleague and his wife to visit their studio in the city. We are trading paintings, so I picked out one of his that I am so happy with! Then met another friend who showed me his cactus collection. He throws his own pots and puts Hittite designs on them that reflect the shapes of the cactuses. He gave me one (although I’m only babysitting it, E).
I also went to a birthday party in the faculty (Happy 29, M!), and got invited for coffee in the office of a secretary (can’t understand much of the conversation, but I’m trying). Even my janitor brought me tea.
And tonight I’m going to my first ever Kina Gecesi, the women’s party before a wedding; my good friend is getting married tomorrow.
The thing is, all these friends are dear to me; how am I going to be able to leave?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How to visit his studio too?

kloeamongtheturks said...

Hi Ginette,
Well, if you were here I'm sure my friend would invite you. But where ever you are, there are artists who would be just tickled to have you visit. We are a very ego-centric bunch. Just attend your local open studios night, or ask in your favorite gallery when the artists have tours of their studios.
Have fun!
Kloe