Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bitte

















I have only three days left in this country I love. Everyone asks me why I’m leaving and when I will come back. I say “Inshallah,” God willing. But in truth I don’t know when I’ll be back.
Yesterday was a religious holiday. Someone told me it was three months before the start of Ramadan. Another told me it is the conception of Mohammed. The streets were deserted, except for a herd of painted sculptural cows that has invaded My Anatolian City. I packed, I painted well, I cleaned out my office, I shade-bathed in my new bikini at a ladies-and-kids-only pool party. I delivered a wedding present, a painting, to my newly married girlfriend and her man (as their first guest, they proudly showed me their apartment, each room with a different color scheme, and served tea).
My internet connection at home is finished and I feel a bit cut off. I had to return my cute new clothes (that’s why I’m playing Lady Godiva in photo above…) And I’m eating the rest of my chocolate stash. In short, I am saying good-bye.

No comments: