Friday, September 28, 2007
Five Reasons to Volunteer in your Kid’s (Grandkid’s/Nephew’s/Little Brother’s, etc.) Classroom
1. You can see what is really happening in the trenches everyday, whether you’re stapling worksheets, grading a math test, or helping students paint, write or read.
2. The teacher will see that you’re invested in your kid, and will treat him better.
3. The principal, staff, and other teachers will notice that you are there. You will become a valuable commodity.
4. You can see who your kid’s friends are.
5. And most importantly, your kid will be prouder than proud. It’s so worth it.