Sunday, September 02, 2007

Thoughts on Excess Stuff

















Have been reading some other blogs about expats returning to the USA, and how we are mostly shocked and dismayed at the amount of material stuff we live with here. You can get used to living with so much less, which somehow frees you up for other things, like seeing friends, playing with your kids, making art, or blogging.
I’m having the curious experience of “shopping” in my own house. Let’s say I need something, maybe a tool or some workout pants. In Turkey I would have either done without the thing, or would have had to plan an elaborate shopping trip to purchase it. Here I go into my garage or storage, do a targeted search, and voila, needed item is found.
This artwork fits somehow… a handwoven rug by Renee Petropoulos at Rosamund Felsen.

2 comments:

Emily ohhhsweetturkey said...

I can completely relate. I am going crazy looking at all the "stuff." Yet I strive to make more art???

kloeamongtheturks said...

Sugar, good to talk with you the other day. Keep your head up, and I will too, we'll get through this.
Let's have a beer soon, kay?
XOXOX