Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Again

















Last year in Turkey I had a hard Halloween.
This year was an improvement, but still difficult. Spent the morning volunteering in Kid.01’s fourth grade class. The teacher was very smart, and harnessed the kids’ almost uncontrolled enthusiasm to gather and graph data. The question: What is your favorite candy? The winners were Twix, followed by KitKats and Skittles. A few favorites made me laugh: Godiva chocolate, Ferrero Rocher, and Raisonets.
I taught all afternoon and evening, so didn’t get to go out with the kids Trick-or-Treating. But my students brought in food (and all important chocolate) and we had a little party.
The hard part was expecting the dreaded phone call, cause she’s almost gone.
Chocolate surfer sculpture, above.

2 comments:

Andrew Wells said...

NO GUYLIAN!!! HOW CAN U NOT HAVE GUYLIAN ON THE SURVEY?!!!! IT'S BETTER THAN FERRERO ROCHER OR GODIVA! GOD, KIDS THESE DAYS!!

kloeamongtheturks said...

Yes, most kids are surprisingly uninterested in chocolate these days. It was my obsession when I was young; never got much, so now I eat as much as I can afford.
cheers...