Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What the…?!?!

















Trying to teach my boys to be responsible around the house, they must make their beds and fold their pjs. Recently my older son complained “folding is woman’s work.” I was shocked to hear this coming out of his mouth (my girlfriend told me I should have slapped him, and she’s a model mom). If I teach nothing else it is that men and women are equal.
“Where did this come from?” I grilled him.
“ I just thought of it.”
“Well, don’t think of it again!!!”
Good come-back, huh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does their dad help fold the laundry?

ms. v. said...

one of my students started addressing the girls as "woman," like, "woman, give me a pencil." I told him in no uncertain terms that it was inappropriate and disrespectful. then I had a couple of male teachers talk to him (they basically said that no woman will ever pay attention to you again if that's how you address her). he said he heard it on tv. oy vey.

-Kelly

kloeamongtheturks said...

Yes, he does fold...

I have a new friend who rolled his eyes when I told him I was a feminist. He emailed me if there was such a thing as male feminists--to which I replied, yes, they're also called feminists.
But he didn't mean that. He meant if there was such a thing as men for men's rights... have yet to reply to that one. Any advice?