Wednesday, November 07, 2007

What’s Been Happening

















I’m feeling very disconnected these days, a combination of overwork, undereating and grief. But I’m also surrounded by friends, near and far, who are comforting me.
As you may have guessed, the months since I’ve returned from Turkey, that I’ve been talking about art and cars and blogging, I’ve been unable to write about one of the primary situations in the life of Kloe, that of watching my beloved grandmother slowly fade out. I couldn’t write about it because she was still reading this blog, commenting on it, giving me advice, etc.
She didn’t accept her own terminal state, her scarred lungs, her inability to breathe. How can I understand her, she who was always so sharp and self-aware, until I am at that same point between life and death? I cannot judge. And she is a Christian, believes in Heaven and salvation and God. What will I do in a less comforted state?
If you know me in real life, you are welcome to come to my mom’s house on Nov. 17 at noon for a memorial party. I and my family would appreciate the support.

No comments: