Sunday, May 18, 2008

Staying In-Line and Fit

















I skate on very rough asphalt and my in-line skate wheels were worn down to the point of danger. I went to my local sporting goods store to buy replacements. And guess what, no stock. Same at other stores. Seems blading is no longer popular in SoCal, except for indoor hockey.
So I found an online source and had the wheels mailed to me. Which was probably cheaper than driving around looking for them with gas prices the way they are. The new wheels are stiff, I have to expend more energy on my workouts. But it’s still great. I recommend fitness blading to anyone who can’t run because of joint problems.
There’s a tour/race here soon, I might go check it out to meet other bladers (read: oogle a bunch of great quads in spandex…)

4 comments:

ms. v. said...

what was your online source? I need brakes that aren't available in even the blading stores these days...

kloeamongtheturks said...

www.rollerbob.com
very good service!
I'm coming to NYC next week, how can I reach you?

ms. v. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ms. v. said...

ha ha, I meant, send me an email, I'm definitely not leaving my number here lol

thanks for the blades hook-up