Monday, July 14, 2008

iPhone

















Did you try to buy one this weekend?
A friend of mine did, I dropped her off at 8:30am to stand in line with about 1000 other people at the Mac Store. The line wove through the mall out to the parking lot. Some had arrived at midnight the night before, only to be chased out by security. A guy we talked to spent a few hours at Denny’s and then returned at 4:30am for the opening at 8am. A few people paid several hundred dollars to take someone's place near the head of the line.
AT&T was totally overwhelmed, as this scene was probably played out all over the country. So is there a need out there for this phone, or was this just brilliant marketing on the part of Apple? Seemed like an awful lot of smart, hip people standing in line for hours in the hot sun to get this toy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am an American who just arrived in Istanbul and read some of your blog. I just want to say that I loved reading it and hope you continue to do so from SoCal. Your sincerity, honesty, humor and no-bullshit writing are totally refreshing. I didn't realize hours went by as I was reading. Thank you again.

kloeamongtheturks said...

Wow, thank you so much. This was one of my goals for this blog, to help foreigners visiting or moving to Turkey adjust. Cause it can be scary.

I wish you a fantastic time in my adopted country. I really hope to return someday.
XOXO