Thursday, December 18, 2008
In my quest to get my mind off my horrible school situations, I’ve started my holiday baking. I like to buy beautiful produce and display it on my kitchen counter to get me in the mood.
My mom has a Meyer lemon tree, so that’s why all the lemon stuff (these are a beautiful, very yellow, sweet fruit)
Here’s what I’m up to:
• Meyer lemon marmalade
• Garlic and rosemary jelly
• Challah with candied fruit and pecans
• Homemade applesauce with lemon rind
• Latkes (for Hanukah)
• Roasts (to show off my marmalade and jelly)
• Tahini sweet rolls (for holiday mornings)
• Deviled eggs with anise
• Pecan pie and chocolate mousse pie (for Christmas Eve)
• Raisin pie, for myself, and to remember my gramps, who loved this pie
What about you? Any suggestions for anise, as I have a beautiful plant in my garden?
(plate and jars from Ikea)