Saturday, May 16, 2009
The house is a constant swirl of dust as walls are scraped, non-original tile is ripped up, wiring is rewired, and heating system installed. Every wall in the bathroom had leaks in it, and the platform the tub was resting on was about to collapse.
This is the only remaining built-in in this bungalow. It was full of original glass fixtures, wonderful stuff.
The house has a tragedy in its history, though. Now I understand more about its closed-off state. Seems a teen died, the only child of the owner. Very sad.