Sunday, March 11, 2007

Installation















Last night we installed my show in my Ankara gallery. I thought 47 paintings might not be enough, but the walls are filled (galleries in Turkey tend to show lots of work, even hanging salon style—paintings above one another). I started a portrait of the gallery owner’s wife and finished it today, thank God she likes it. It’s sort of nerve wracking to paint right there on the spot in front of everyone…
My fear is that no one will come to the opening, as I have few friends in Ankara. I feel a bit like an orphan with no one to support me. But Turks seem to like my painting style, and I’ve priced my small nudes quite reasonably, so I hope they will sell. I don’t care about the money, but I want to please the gallery with sales. How’s that for self confidence? My God, Kloe, get a grip.
The scene at the gallery is so romantic, artists always hanging around drinking and smoking and drawing and taking photos and spouting about art. It’s like a time warp.

No comments: