Saturday, April 14, 2007

Are You Feeling Yourself Very Toxic?

















Said the doctor to Kloe. And I answered, Yep/Evet. As so found myself in the hospital after several clinic visits, and increasingly distressing symptoms. When I get sick in Turkey, I don’t mess around. My flora is not happy. The first time I lived here I got food poisoning often, and once landed in the hospital with an IV. A few months ago it was UTIs (gory details here and here). This time I have a lymph infection that has gone into my ear, accompanied by blinding headaches, and complicated of course by the fact that I’m allergic to most antibiotics.
So how is a Turkish hospital? I have a very large private room as a VIP (!). Kid.01 says he’d like to buy this hospital for his hotel chain. So it looks good. A lot quieter that American institutions, much less of beeping and nurses taking your temperature every hour. You don’t have to wear those awful hospital gowns where your butt hangs out. The doctors have been extremely attentive. Pain control has been a bit of an issue. Another difference is they let me sneak away for an hour to the hotel next door to use the internet!

No comments: