Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Worries and Fashion

















Tomorrow I hang my exhibition in a commercial gallery in Our Anatolian City. I’m showing 12 portraits of Turkish women, 13 knitting paintings, and 28 small nudes. All the nudes are new, as my gallery in Ankara sold 26 of the original set. I have no idea if I’ll sell here in this much smaller and less cosmopolitan city. My biggest fear is that no one will come to the opening tomorrow night. So little self-confidence. Classes ended today and finals start next week, so the campus is pretty empty. I do hope my painting students come to support me.
Of course I know what you are wondering, what is Kloe the Bratz with a Passion for Fashion going to wear? (For those who don’t understand this, I’m planning a post on all things Bratz soon.) Well, I have a designer top, a gift from a friend who affords such things. The blouse is big but OK, but the pants I generally wear are like p.j.s on me now, so I was forced to buy new black, tiny pants, very shiny. Over five inch platform sandals. Height is power.

No comments: