Saturday, June 02, 2007

Notes on Multiple Selves

















Here in Turkey my life has become strangely segmented. I am a mom a few hours a day when my kids are home and on weekends. I am a hocam/professor at the faculty. I make art. With one friend here I am a fashionista and worldly woman. With other friends I am almost like a college student again. A large part of my life is spent online, writing this blog and long email letters to friends, and reading their replies.
I have an inner life and an exterior life, and at times here the two have had almost no connection. This is not really healthy, I know. And when they come crashing together it can really hurt.
Ideas on how to present myself:
Kloe as sexy ditz
Kloe as know-it-all artist
Kloe as friendly teacher
Kloe as self-destructive bitch
Kloe as M.I.L.F.
Kloe as helpless foreigner
Kloe as independent blond unbimbo
Kloe as aggressive preditor
Kloe as ambitious career girl
Kloe as freedom finder
Kloe as center of the universe
Kloe as alone.

No comments: