Sunday, July 15, 2007

Final Thoughts on Documenta

















I’m back on my couch in My Anatolian City (which is in a frenzy preparing for the upcoming election) and feeling much better after sleeping 10 hours in my own bed. I traveled the whole way with German Turks returning to visit the homeland. I can see a difference, especially in the rambunctousness of their kids compared to Turkish kids.
I want to thank my videographer friends who hosted me and my friend in Kassel. They drove us around, made us great German food, and mainly just wanted to talk Art. I admire that they came here from SoCal to do such a big project uncommissioned. Check out all their videos on the Documenta artists, you’ll learn a lot and be entertained too.
And to J who drew colorful tattoos all over my legs, a big kiss from Kloe!
(Pictured above is a German curator explaining how paintings by Kerry James Marshall relate to older work.)

No comments: