Friday, July 13, 2007

Home Again

















So I’m sitting in Starbucks at the International Terminal at the Istanbul Airport. I got here at 5:30am from Germany. Don’t even ask, I’m too tired to tell you why.
As you may have been able to tell from this blog, I’m sort of an emotional girl. I need to feel things intuitively, that the time is right and I’m ready before I do something. And I haven’t been ready to leave Turkey and return to SoCal. But now I am ready. It’s finished. Don’t ask me what happened, it was lots of small things, and things I can’t talk about, but I just know it that I have to go now. I miss my kids. My gram is ill. My paintings will be finished within the week.
I have been so happy professionally, and lately socially, in Turkey that it has been hard to think of leaving. But when in Italy and Germany, I felt excited about other places, the friends I was with, and I realized that life is possible after Turkey. SoCal is afterall one of the most desirable places to be on earth, I just have to stop taking it for granted.
As soon as I can think clearly again, I’ll continue to post about the art I saw at Documenta. But let me leave you to imagine this:
Zooming through impossibly green rolling hills very fast on roads like Disneyland, a castle or two in the distance, eating a warm liverwurst sandwich, smell of hand-rolled tobacco and warm beer, little Bavarian villages with maypoles and cows with bells.

No comments: