Sunday, August 12, 2007

Painting Again

















Today I set up a temporary painting studio in the garage. Here’s Pollyana speaking: can’t do better for natural light and fresh air! I’m restretching my Portraits of Turkish Women (I left all the original stretchers and frames in Turkey, rolled up the canvases, and packed them in my suitcase to bring back to SoCal). Will start a new series of paintings soon, abstractions based on the body, I think, with very thick and juicy paint.
My friend showed my big nudes in NY last weekend, and she said people really liked them. Maybe something will come of it. I am more determined that ever to focus on my work, to get shown, not to be a “failed artist,” a concept I want to talk more about later.
Above is the work a former professor of mine, cell phone portraits. Quite an iconic image, don't you think?

1 comment:

kloeamongtheturks said...

Hi Lara,
Thanks for reading. Good luck with your project!
Kloe