Monday, October 08, 2007

Scattered: Hot, Tasteless, Color Desire

















Today and yesterday we’re finally having a Santa Ana in SoCal. It’s been unseasonably chilly here this fall, and now the hot desert winds are blowing, gorgeous. The sky and water are the bluest blue, and you can see the mountains and islands clearly. It makes you want to do crazy things, this weather.
Entering the second week of serious hours working. Only one day off each week. I’ve noticed my typical reaction to work/physical stress: food stops tasting good to me, I eat only for energy.
Opening went well, lots of my lovely students were there. Thanks, guys! Then went to a crit with painters I very much respect, and they were enthusiastic about my new series. (No one makes mean comments, but you listen to what they don't say to figure out what's not working.) Have been wanting to paint, but no time now. Am interested in doing some tiny paintings with my new gouache--the paint is, as my students say, awesome. Talens, Plakkaatverf Gouache, way to turn a girl artist on…

No comments: