Friday, May 02, 2008

Painting for Money

















I’m getting ready to send a couple dozen small gouache paintings to my gallery in Ankara. All this time they have been selling my work to Turkish collectors. A small sum of money is waiting for me; I’ll plow that back into matting and framing the new paintings to keep the relationship alive. A friend who is traveling back to Turkey will hopefully carry the work with her.
My gallerist, a smart guy with years of experience, told me the small nudes are my bread and butter. He thinks that all the other experimental stuff (including this blog) is just that, and only feeds what I do best, the expressive, a-la-prima figure work.
Soon I’ll post some of my tamer, newer work on my Art of Kloe blog, so let me know what you think.

No comments: