Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Artist Studio: What is It For?
• A place to commune with other artists and friends.
• A place to look at all or most of the artwork you are producing, to see how the series goes together, how the work is changing.
• A place to make large work, to be messy, to leave ideas half finished, to work on multiple pieces at the same time.
• A place to bring curators and clients. A professional space.
• A place to bring models and students.
• A place to put up things that influence you.
• A place undistracted.
• A place that is not conservative.
• A place to have critiques. A place to be serious.
• A place to stay out of the rain, to drink coffee in, to be near other artists/downtown.