Monday, November 10, 2008

Drawing Group



I’ve started a new life drawing and painting group, mainly of my friends, colleagues, and some serious students. I’m doing it for selfish reasons: I want to work with a model and I want to talk about art with smart people. I know many of the models in town, and they’ll work for me. We met last week for our first three hours session, a small group, but I felt it was successful. We’re painting in a friend’s studio for now, once a month.
But… I’ve probably found a new studio for myself. It won’t be finished for a few months, so I’m trying not to jinx it. Hopeful I can afford it.
(Above are a few of the paintings I did that night.)

2 comments:

Maya said...

I love the middle one!

kloeamongtheturks said...

Oh thank you very much! Sometimes I'm lucky. And I love standing poses, although they are hard on the model.