Tuesday, November 11, 2008
What would happen if our junior colleges (ahem, I mean community colleges) disappeared?
• There would be no cheap alternative to higher education.
• There would be no option for the average student who didn’t take high school that seriously, but realizes now she has to grow up.
• There would be no part-time students.
• There would be no returning adult students.
• There would be fewer places for elderly students, vets (Happy Veterans’ Day), and students with mental disabilities.
• There would be many more for-profit, expensive higher education institutions that accepted average students.
• There would be even more competition for those elite private and public universities.
Support your local community colleges.
(Drawings from my cc students, they are great…)