Friday, October 23, 2009

Showing



Wow, all of a sudden I’m extremely busy showing my work. I don’t know if it’s just circumstance, or I’ve finally reached some kind of critical mass in terms of making connections. It doesn’t hurt that I’m only teaching one class right now and can concentrate on making and promoting my work, as well as curate shows for my groups.
Anyway, I’m up in LA, showing my “Greek Sculpture” series and small gouache nudes at the Brewery ArtWalk this weekend. Next weekend am showing this installation, “Pink Dress,” at Edgewater Gallery in San Diego. Am painting the dress on top of the nudes. The idea of this show is that the work is partially created by the artists IN the gallery. Sort of cool.
Hope to get good, interesting comments, and even sell something here or there.

No comments: